Pagini

marți, 11 iunie 2013

Harry Potter Read Along

Harry Potter Button

It’s important that if you are re-reading this series that you answer the questions based only on the knowledge that we have so far!

1. Winky the house elf is found with Henry’s wand after the Dark Mark has been conjured. She is then set free for her disobedience. Thoughts?
I think that Barty Crouch did what he thought he had to do in order to keep up his appearance BUT I don’t think that he was right. Clearly Winky was half out of her mind with fright and is a very devoted servant. For her to be dismissed in such a fashion had to have been the worst day in Winky’s life. We already know what her feelings are on free house elves and now she has found herself among their ranks and not by choice. I felt so bad for Winky but I’m hoping that she’ll come to terms with her new life.
2. Hermione finds out that house elves are responsible for the cooking and cleaning at Hogwarts and then refuses to eat the food they have prepared. Would you have done the same?
I’m not sure what I would have done. I am such a people pleasure. After having an experience or two with Winky I would want to make the house elves happy. I’d probably do what I needed to do to make them happy but at the same time I’d probably have a knot in my stomach the whole time. It’s not right but the elves do seem happy with their positions. A one person strike doesn’t usually get you anywhere so I think that if I were that serious about it I’d find other ways to speak up for the house elves. And let’s just be honest here, I love food way too much to surpass the finery that Hogwarts dishes up. ;)
3. Do you feel that Mad-Eye Moody was a good choice for a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor?
Yes and no. I mean who else is going to know more about the Dark Arts than an ex-Auror? For a teaching choice though, I don’t think it was the wisest move. It would be similar to putting an ex-drill sergeant in the physical education department. The professor and the students are so far apart in levels that it may be detrimental to their education. Can you imagine the stories an ex-Auror would have? I bet a lot of students started losing sleep after his classes. Lol.
4. The Triwizard Tournament sounds awfully dangerous. Would you have wanted to participate or watch from the sidelines and cheer on a fellow student?
Nope. I don’t like to preform in front of lots of people and the representation of the whole school would be way too much. I much prefer cheering on people who are far better suited for the task!
5. Do you think that Professor Moody was correct in doling out his punishment for Malfoy?
I want to say yes so badly because c’mon! It’s Malfoy! I think that what Moody did though is probably only going to make things worse for Ron than they already are. I can’t imagine that Malfoy actually learned anything from that at all. It humiliated him and while some people would have learned a lesson from humility I just don’t see that happening in any Malfoy.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Ai fost aici?Scrie 2 cuvinte.